A rise in Voice Search Optimization: FY 2023!
Did you know that 58% of consumers use voice search to find a local business online? As technology is evolving, voice search optimization has been witnessing phenomenal growth, with personal assistant appliances leading the way. Half of the searches are and will surely be done using search by voice because it is quick, reliable, and successful.
Most people are searching for things with voice search via search engines as it is getting more useful and better at answering their queries apparently and concisely. Search by voice has risen 35x since the year 2008, and today more than 20% of all mobile search questions are voice search queries. This is the beginning of Voice Search Optimization. Isn’t it interesting? Let us get to the details!
What is Voice Search?
The keywords we type on search engines don’t make sense every time, so the search ultimately gets disrupted and people don’t get the outcomes they look for! So, people are more likely to speak whole sentences as speaking is much easier than writing, and it facilitates proper meaning as well. And, this is the reason why applications with voice recognition, such as Google Search and home, Apple’s Siri, and Amazon’s Alexa, have become commercial trending as we have been using these every day for the past years. The number of users operating voice search has grown enormously recently. This may be because users have understood that conversational search is more realistic, more timely, and user-friendly than standard search methods.
Let us take a look at the stats regarding voice search optimization:
- Google has stated that 27% of the global population is utilizing voice search on mobile devices.
- In addition, Voice bot’s voice search statistics show that 58.6% of US-based clients have tried using voice search. Only 41.4% said that they have not operated voice search tactics yet.
Looking at the past- In 2010, the introduction of IBM Watson briefed the way for voice-enabled gadgets. Watson is a strong Q&A speech recognition computing appliance. As a super smart, thinking, regarding, and talking robot, it overpowered the great Trivia master in the TV show “Jeopardy” and surprised the world. The next year to that, Google also launched voice search, and Apple launched the preferably first automatic private assistant Siri for the iPhone 4S.
Voice Search has earned tremendous prominence after the introduction of Apple Siri, Google Assistant, and Amazon Alexa. Straight out of sci-fi movies, everyone is using voice commands now – not only for search but also to drive home appliances, such as music systems and television.
More smartphone users mean more use of voice search. And, we think that business owners should also optimize their websites for voice search because there are several benefits! Let us discuss some!
The Advantages of Voice Search Optimization!
Voice search engines are here to stay! Yes, online businesses are now focusing on optimizing websites and mobile applications to boost this technology. Let us see the benefits of voice search!
- Increase website traffic – No doubt, voice search provides a fast response to the user’s quest. For example, if we have a technology business and a user makes a related query on the search engine. Now, if our website is optimized for voice search and we have a ready response in expectation of that question, the prepared response may get displayed in the answer box on the first page of SERP with the website URL. It may help us to increase organic traffic.
- Improve ORM (Online Reputation Management) – While optimizing a website for voice search, the search algorithm makes a featured snippet also called an answer box for the search query. This snippet is the same search result that is displayed at the top of the Google Search Result Page. It allows your business to get brand orientation and praise on the internet.
- Improved Credibility of Business – If our targeted audience is looking for a review about the services and find favourable answers on the website listing, they are possible to rock towards you.
- Increase the Local Visibility – Voice Search utilises complete, contextual and grammatically accurate sentences. The search engine shows the most suitable local search outcomes to the users, therefore, it is necessary to update the NAP (Name, Address and Phone Number).
- Decrease Bounce Rate – Voice search shows the quickest way to respond to users’ queries. If our website has useful, relevant and helpful content then visitors would love to contend with the website. This will help facilitate the website bounce rate.
Statistically, voice search is not something that enterprise marketers can overlook because
- 33% of people in the U.S. benefit from voice search.
- 71% of consumers choose voice search.
Is there any need to invest in Voice Search Optimization strategies?
Yes, there is! If you have an online business, then making a voice search optimization strategy is important for the business. As per some researched data, it was found that the revenue generated from voice search sales was around $2 billion in the year 2022.
With the help of voice search, all the traffic that comes to the website will be 100% organic, and for that, we might not need to drive any paid ads on search engines. Voice search will further increase the possibility of attracting users who can rely on smart aids and smartphones to expand businesses & products online. If we are targeting voice search, then it will be useful for the website’s SEO & rankings as well, that’s for sure!
So, let us see what can we do to make our website even more voice search friendly. Here are a few tips:
- Firstly, we have to make certain that our website is mobile-friendly. More and more people are utilising voice search on their mobile, so the website should be responsive and effortless to navigate on smaller screens.
- Next, try to use long-tail keywords in your content. Voice search is extremely good at responding to specific queries, so using long-tail keywords will help you target those questions.
- Make sure your content is accurate and up-to-date. One of the primary complaints about voice search is those outcomes can often be incorrect. To avoid this, make certain the website’s content is correct and up-to-date.
Voice search is not just an essential component of today’s digital marketing geography – it’s the future. As search engines (especially Google) and voice assistants get more profitable and better at understanding the questions, they will deliver more and more precise results to the searchers. That precision, in turn, can make more and more people utilise voice search instead of the time-consuming formal search procedure.
Thus, if you want to have an edge over your competition, you should work on the voice search optimization of your site and content for voice searches. We hope this article summarised the deets for you and will put you on the correct track for that. Go and kickstart your voice search optimization today.