The Future of Influencer Marketing!
As we know, influencer marketing is great, and it’s only going to get bigger in the future. Every year brings about various new social media mediums, new kinds of content, and new ways in which brands can contend with their possible customers. With the social media landscape transforming so quickly, influencers are leveraging the most desirable influencer marketing strategies to expand their power and expertise, making themselves more appealing to brands.
To flourish their authenticity, brands surely need to hop on these influencer marketing trends to grow their audience, develop new leads, and accumulate more revenue. Let us first see what exactly influencer marketing is!
What is influencer marketing?
Influencer marketing is dealing with branded content or functioning with creators, which is a surefire manner to expand the reach of the brand on social media. It has become a strong means for companies to reach new audiences. Marketers use diverse forms to recognise influential individuals and acquire access to their followers. At its easiest, an influencer is someone who can influence others. In influencer marketing, brands pay someone to advertise their product or service to their followers.
Celebrity endorsements were the original form of influencer marketing. But in today’s digital world, social content creators with niche audiences can often add more value to brands. So, a social media influencer is somebody who influences an audience via social media. In simple words, when you employ an influencer to advertise your products or assistance, that’s influencer marketing.
Let us take a look at some of the facts!
- Nearly three-quarters (72.5%) of U.S. marketers use some form of influencer marketing — and that number is only going up over time.
- Civic Science discovered that 14% of 18-to-24-year-olds and 11% of millennials had purchased something within the last 6 months because a blogger or influencer suggested it.
- For now, Instagram stays the platform of preference for social influencers. According to eMarketer’s calculations, 76.6% of U.S. marketers will use Instagram for their influencer movements in 2023. But we can surely keep an eye on TikTok.
Why is Influencer Marketing so Important?
Not long before major technical advancements, scheduled TV was virtually the only medium to access and promote stuff to the masses. Today, with the invention of the internet and the times of social media mediums like Tiktok, Instagram, Facebook and YouTube, customers have complete freedom and preference over the scope they wish to view. This makes an excellent platform for brands. Marketers found that influencer marketing could deliver a key to the problem. It allows labels to discover and promote straight to their target audience. Customers are becoming increasingly sceptical of brands and their marketing tactics, and making trust is crucial. That’s when influencers come into the picture.
Advertising via influencers allows brands to advertise via someone that a niche community watches, and encounters daily. So, instead of being sceptical of a retail or social media ad, customers are trusting that if their influencer will love the outcome, they will too. So, we can say that influencer marketing is really effective.
What to look out for!
Unlike most marketing methods, influencer marketing needs a high level of trust between a brand and a third party. Although influencers are often required to sign lawful contracts, the brand’s reputation is essential in their keeping. A brand must be certain of the influencer’s content. The use of uncanny or offensive content could have negative consequences on the brand’s reputation. This is especially important when working with young influencers who may lack maturity and professionalism.
A company should also be careful of fake followers. An influencer can purchase counterfeit followers, making them appear to have a much larger fan base than they do. When picking an influencer, first make sure their followers were gained organically. Although this can be done manually, it is much more manageable to use a mechanism that checks for you, such as InstaCheck. The tool is designed to catch fake accounts by exploring their attention, spam and overall movement. There are many outlets available for influencer marketing.
How do influencers help your marketing?
Having a quality influencer marketing approach can increase your company’s sales and prevalent objectives. For example, an influencer can help by:
- Reach a unique and often bigger audience. Influencers have a substantial following on their social media mediums, but it matters which type of content they usually provide. But the considerable thing is that followers can be outside of your particular niche but become curious about your products.
- Create trust for your product or service. A lot of customers reason that just because your marketing team says something about your products doesn’t mean it’s true. However, the expression of someone who customers find trustworthy holds much more weight.
- Increase your following on social media. People who associate with your brand as a function of an influencer marketing strategy will also continually follow your brand on social media.
- Improve traffic to your website. Customers may enjoy learning more about what their favoured influencer is talking about. Your website is the most suitable place for that.
- Promote lead generation. This can happen by improving sales, doing some campaigns, and many more. This is part of an influencer’s imagination.
- Increase sales. Recommendations are always powerful. And that’s true actually if you are not also offering promotions via influencers, it can increase sales.
- Help your SEO- Backlinks are beneficial; depending on the influencer content, one can get lots of them. Even without backlinks, you can get more website impacts or longer view times, both of which help.
Influencers are here to stay but how the globe of influencer marketing looks and functions has transformed a fantastic deal in a short time, and 5 years from now may be drastically distinguishable from today. With the popularity, demand, and marketing spending for influencer marketing, it’s essential to pay attention to influencer marketing trends for 2023. Let us end this with some of the influential stats about influencer marketing!
- Influencer marketing has flourished to $16.4 billion in the year 2022.
- Businesses are making $5.2 ROI for each $1 spent on influencer marketing.
- There has been a 465% growth in searches for the term “influencer marketing” on Google independently since 2016.
- 90% of survey respondents consider influencer marketing to be an adequate form of marketing.
- 67% of brands use Instagram for influencer marketing.
Isn’t it fascinating? So, we can say that influencer marketing is the future!