From Browsing to Buying: Navigate your Customer Journey with Facebook Retargeting
Retargeting is one of the most impactful ways to make people visit your website again. When someone lands on your website, chances are, they are not ready to buy anything from you yet and there can be several reasons behind this.
Maybe they will purchase on their second, third, or maybe fourth visit. But, there is still no guarantee. So, unless you provide them a reason to buy then and there, you might never get that business. So, how can you make that happen? The answer is Facebook Retargeting ads!
No doubt, Facebook is one of the most powerful marketing platforms. With its wide user base and refined targeting capabilities, this social media platform offers businesses an unexpected opportunity to engage with their potential audience and steer them through the sales funnel.
The Sales Funnel and Retargeting
First, let's understand the concept of the sales funnel. The sales funnel represents the journey of a customer - from the initial awareness of a product to the final purchase. It incorporates various stages, including Awareness, Consideration, and Decision.
And that’s what retargeting helps with. It is an exceptional strategy that concentrates on targeting users who have already shown an interest in your brand, products, or any service. By strategically showing targeted ads to these particular warm leads, you can nudge them along the sales funnel and increase the chances of conversion.
Why Facebook retargeting?
There's no denying the fact that Facebook helps us to reach diverse audiences throughout the marketing funnel. Facebook's legitimacy, potency, and exceptional reach still make it the most influential social media marketing tool. Further, facebook retargeting significantly has a very high ROI. For every penny that you invest in your remarketing drives, you can earn back double on that.
Here are some impressive retargeting statistics that you should know:
- Retargeting decreases cart abandonment by 6.5%.
- Retargeting surpasses all other ad placement techniques with a 1,046% efficiency rate.
- You should know that the appeal of a product is one of the major reasons for 37% of consumers to click a retargeted ad.
- 67% of retargeters use the medium of Facebook Exchange for online advertising.
Forms of Facebook Retargeting
There are two major forms of Facebook Retargeting. They are list-based retargeting and Pixel-based retargeting.
List-based retargeting- It is a less common method. It includes manually uploading email addresses (a whole list) of those you need to retarget to your Facebook ads manager. The list-based retargeting is usually good for creating a highly targeted audience, however, it is time-consuming.
The next is pixel-based retargeting. If you don’t want to worry yourself with list-based targeting, this is where to look. It allows you to target potential customers on Facebook based on the actions they took on your website/app.
To optimize your retargeting ads for a lasting impression, one should keep these factors in mind:
- Attention-grabbing headline – The most important thing is writing a short and crisp headline that resonates your message very well. Ask yourself: Is my headline engaging? Does it relate to the action taken on your website?
- Eye-catching media – Whether you choose an animation, photograph, or video, it’s important to keep it relatable to the ad copy.
- Straightforward content– Speaking of your content, we all want it short and sweet. If people cannot get the purpose or reason for seeing your ad quickly, they will likely move on with their day and leave your ad clickless.
- Click-worthy call to action (CTA) – You should always make sure that your audience take their next step with an action-oriented CTA button.
Want to know more about this fantastic retargeting tool? Let’s dive right in!
Best approaches for Facebook retargeting campaigns
Once we are assured about the advantages of Facebook Retargeting, let us discuss some of the best strategies for retargeting campaigns. Setting up remarketing ads is an easy process, there are various nuances and best practices that skilled advertisers and most of the ad agencies use. Some of these are:
- As a marketer, you should always keep at least one remarketing campaign live, consistently
- Test many high-value retargeting audiences before implementing
- Make sure that you are providing a strong message and the marketing funnel should match this
- You should set up dynamic remarketing ads
- It must include special offers for remarketing audiences
- Try not to segment your audiences too broadly
- Exclude users who are already converted
- Always keep an eye on the ad frequency and insights
Once you’ve learned all of these pro-level tips and hacks, you’ll be all set to create your first Facebook retargeting campaign.
Need help running your Facebook retargeting ads?
A strong remarketing strategy will allow your ads to get to the right audience with the correct message at a suitable time. One of the important things is timing, it plays an important role in the decision-making method and you should structure your whole strategy around segmenting your consumers based on their user history.
One should concentrate on a retargeting funnel that works like magic- from the first interaction that a customer has with your brand to their final decision to check, you can make sure that there are no potential sales left on the table. What's even better, is if you can pair together some interesting creatives that address any questions and problems while delivering social proof and a regular reminder of what they viewed, your remarketing campaign can influence passive visitors to become active shoppers. If you need assistance setting your Facebook ad profile or to make those engaging creatives, our experts are here to help! Contact Tussle Digital today and let us run successful campaigns for you!